National Service Scheme
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian government-sponsored public service program conducted by the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. Popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji’s Centenary year, 1969. Aimed at developing student’s personality through community service. The NSS Activities in College Premises is inaugurated in the year 2010 and it is functioning efficiently through NSS Volunteers from Various Departments.
Objective of NSS
“Serve the downtrodden in the society” and “Personality Development through Community Service”.
- The motto of NSS is “NOT ME BUT YOU”. It underlines that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole. This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need of selfless service and appreciation of the other man’s point of view and consideration for fellow human beings.
Role and responsibilities of Programme Officer (PO)
- The Programme officer is expected to inspire student youth to understand the values and philosophy of NSS. The overall function of Programme officer is to help the students to plan, implement, and evaluate the activities of NSS under his charge and give proper guidance and directions to the student volunteers.
Duties of NSS volunteers
- NSS volunteer should put in:
- Establish rapport with the people in the project area
- Identify needs, problems and resources of the community
- Plan programs and carry out the plan
- Relate learning experience towards finding solutions to the problem identified
- Record the activities in the work diary systematically and assess the progress periodically and effect changes as and when needed.
- Identification of the adopted villages/slum areas
- Awareness drives through youth rallies, street plays, exhibition, skits highlighting success stories by way of traditional folk art and media
- Community participation by involving member of the adopted villages and local institutions
- Duration of the NSS special camps will be 7 days and the volunteers will have to stay overnight in the camp
- Organizing day camps on the theme at the adopted villages on the weekends
- Renewable Energy awareness programmes
- Technological training for self-help groups and rural youths
- Traffic control during festival occasions
- Collection of clothes for distribution to the people below poverty line
- Visits to orphanages/Old age homes/ Blind schools and feeding
- Creation of awareness of Rain Water Harvesting
- Mass tree plantation (one student one tree)
NSS PROGRAMME COORDINATOR
Professor & Principal, Ratnam Institute of Pharmacy, Nellore
Asso.Professor, Dept of Pharmaceutics, Ratnam Institute of Pharmacy, Nellore
Mr. V.V.Krishna Reddy
Physical Director, Ratnam Institute of Pharmacy, Nellore
12 March, 2020
Placement drive was conducted in Ratnam Institute of Pharmacy for B.Pharmacy, Pharm.D and M.Pharmacy students on 12-03-2020. 11 students were placed for the post of Sr.Executive & Executives on NETAPP Trainee in MEDIHEALTH CARE LTD., Bengaluru...
03 March, 2020
One day work shop on Pharmacist' interventions in identification, prevention and management on drug therapy problems. Dr. Karthik Rakam, Medical Adviser, Health CloudAI,trained our students on Pharmacist' interventions...
11-28 Sep, 2019
When new students enter an institution, they come with diverse thoughts, backgrounds and preparations. It is important to help them adjust to the new environment and inculcate in them the ethos of the institution with a sense of larger purpose...